Since I posted.
Well I’m not quite out of the dark yet. I’ve finished 4 of 5 exam (three of them in just over twenty-four hours on Thursday/Friday) and the last one really isn’t too worrisome.
I do have a dietetics interview to prepare for as well, I’m a little nervous since last year it was the interview portion that I bombed. But hopefully I’ll be more prepared this time around?
It’s making me quite lazy right now. I’m trying to motivate myself to do some spring cleaning, but all I’ve managed to do today is take out the garbage/recycling. :p
I’ve been reading blogs…
like From French Fries to Flaxseeds, which has an awesome give away by the way.
Or old stands like KERF, Healthy Tipping Point, Oh She Glows.
And other fantastic Canadian blogs, Life After Bagels, Why Deprive?
My butt has been glued to seats quite frequently this past week and my back and shoulders have totally felt it. But rolling it out with a foam roller every night totally helped.
So now my stress levels are lower and instead of school I’m thinking about summer. I basically have one thing I need to get doing:
JOB HUNTING. Anyone hiring? Other then that I have no summer plans, except chill out, relax and use my brain less.
Oh and I’m really looking forward to this:
(only add in a 1/2 before that marathon will you.)
And once I finished that I need to think of some other fun sports goal. Might involve this:
What are your summer plans?
I promise to be back (sooner rather then later) with better pictures. 🙂
That was what I said right after I got out of my exam today.
How did I celebrate?
With a bowl of oatmeal! I was starving! lol. 😉 I made it a la Hungry Yogini. Putting my nut butter on the bottom:
Oatmeal + toppings on top:
Then I chilled, watched TV, handed out some Christmas cards to friends. 🙂 Tomorrow I plan to get my Christmas shopping done. Sigh. So many presents to buy. So little money to do it with.
Wow, I cannot believe how fast this semester went by! Is it almost Christmas already? Not just this semester actually, where has this year gone? Time just starts to fly as you get older. Guess it’s because a year is worth less? When you’re 5, a year is 1/5th your life, whereas being 22, it’s 1/22 of your life?
Sometimes I’m scared it’s going to fly by me, and I’m going to miss something and wake up thirty… and be not where I’d want to be. And recently the bigger question I’ve had is where do I even want to be when I’m 30? Because to not end up there, I have to know where there is.
lol deep thoughts. :p Let’s just say I’ve been thinking a little too much this semester.
hmmmm. I’m gonna go and relax a little. Aka, continue being the lazy bum I’ve been since my exam ended. Yay freedom!
Dun Dun Dun.
Well I survived the double examing today. Barely, but I’m alive. Let’s just say… I don’t even want to think about it.
I’ve taken the afternoon/evening off. Watched TV, napped. And went for my last grocery shop here in Van! Until January that is. Yep, I’ll be leaving in one week exactly! This time next friday I plan to be home sweet home.
Yep. Look at that kale! So nice and green. Last week I had my first Kale Chip experience, and I think a repeat is in order for this week. 😀 And lots of other healthy snacks. Picked up some dried mango, which I’m munching on right now. And a little chemical treat, aka coke zero. Sometimes a girl’s just gotta indulge!
On the agenda for tonight. CLEANING!!! Yay! Yes I’m looking forward to cleaning. See I love neatness. But I’m a total clutter bug. It’s funny to go home (to my parent’s home) because when I first arrive it’s usually nice and clean, then these little piles of paper, or my computer, or like other random junk just end up everywhere!
And it’s the same here. Seriously, my s*** is all over the place. I don’t know how my parents put up with me. Guess I’m just so lovable.
Want some before pictures? Hopefully soon they’ll be after pictures. (though it’s going to be one of those, clean while chilling evenings. aka the tv will be on.)
Man. look at that junk! Those bags in the corner are full of hoodies that residents bought…
And the bedroom: Ok, is my giraff print housecoat not fabulous? It was a rando Christmas present from my mom last year.
And the other corner of the bedroom:
… I have no excuse.
Well, I’m off, and I’ll be back later, with some after pics.
Night internet folks!
My marathon study session continues. Well sort of.
See I’m a horrible student. I can’t do the marathons study sessions, never been good at, hope to never be good at it. I can’t sacrifice my health (physical or mental) for the sake of an A in a class. I get decent grades, I do the work, but hey I like balance.
How Do I keep myself sane during exam periods?
These are some of my favorite random tips I’ve accumulated over the years:
- Take Breaks: I usually take a break every hour or so. Sometimes it’s 5min. Usually it’s about 20min. And sometimes it’s an hour. 😉 What can I say? Sometimes I really need a break.
- Exercise. Usually at least one of those breaks is exercising. The past few days it’s been really simple for me; running errands. Going over to the free gym in residence for a treadmill workout, and doing a little yoga. I actually started my day today with exercise.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Sometimes you have to let some other things slide. Don’t feel like doing the dishes? Room a mess? Didn’t quite hit your study quota? Bet you got a lot done anyway! Unless it’s really distracting you, oh well! you’ve got bigger fish to fry.
- Don’t guilt trip. Ok this one is personal, as has been mentioned before I’m a total stress eater. I’m actually not doing too bad right now. Sure I’ve had some ice cream and a cookie or two, but on the whole? I’m not stressing about it. 🙂 Other things to worry about.
- Have a plan. I like a plan. I usually make a list of what I’d like to get done; everything from just start time, to exercise, to breaks and what I’m going to study. But I don’t guilt myself if I don’t follow it strictly. Just sort of gives me structure when there really isn’t a lot of structure in my day….
- Just do it. Sometimes you have no idea how to go about studying for something, and you let the worry get to you. Honestly, sometimes you just have to dive in, and hope the path opens up to you.
Those are the main ways I keep sane anyway. I do think I take too long of breaks, and I probably could have really good grades.
I mean just look at what I’m doing right now? A little procrastination? Maybe…
Alright, I’m back to studying! This has been one super long break. 😉