So for much of December I was thinking about what my goals would be for the New Year. In true dorkyness, I was excited and anticipated these goals a lot. See, I’m a HUGE goal setter. I’m a list maker, every day I have “goals” I have to accomplish. Some days I finish those lists, most days do not. I set goals all year round. I have some long term goals, and some short term goals going on all the time.
Pretty much all day 2009 I was thinking about how to write down my goals, what to make them. In fact I even wrote down a few, and even had some “SMART” ways of achieving these goals.
Then 2010 came… and well, I suddenly didn’t feel like those goals. Or like committing to them. Am I all goaled out? Could it be? Oh no! It cannot be!
But alas, it isn’t so. I’ve actually sat here tonight and complied a few goals I’d like to achieve this year.
- Get more ENERGY.
- Keep my grades where they are or higher!
- Be an awesome prez (do some bossing around yo! )
- Explore my creative side; maybe take a photography class (if I can afford it)
- Live on a budget (OMG I am so poor right now, or will be when I pay my student fees)
- Get my running mileage up to 1/2 marathon distances
- Swim, bike, and strength train.
- Do yoga
- Make actual meals (Means cooking once in a while)
- Embrace life!
They’re sort of ordered in importance, though that last one is honestly one of the biggest of them. I want to try going with the flow more, not worrying or stressing as much about those things I cannot change.
But yeah, i feel like the first one, getting more energy will help me to achieve a few of my goals, like grades, the running, and other exercise goals. to do this I’m going to try getting more sleep, drinking less coffee, and eating healthy balanced meals. This past semester my eating has been just…crazy. Or not crazy for most people, but for me it hasn’t felt right. I plan to really try and improve my eating.
So there you have it, a few goals for this New Year.